- 1 quart vegetable broth , preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup orzo or long grain rice
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill or parsley
Pour mixture back into saucepan and reheat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until egg cooks and soup slightly thickens. Do not boil, or eggs will curdle. Add salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle with dill or parsley. Serve hot or cold.
(if needed – taste before adding)
Combine all ingredients except sweetener in a blender. Blend, then taste to see if sweetener is needed.